PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.poolealcockfamilylaw.co.uk (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.poolealcockfamilylaw.co.uk is a site operated by Poole Alcock LLP (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under LLP number OC310420 and have our registered office at 238-246 Edleston Road, Crewe Cheshire, CW2 7EH.
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We are a limited liability partnership.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our site.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We expressly disclaim liability for any interruptions, restrictions or delays of this Website.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com .
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Poole Alcock Insight – Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- These conditions are in addition to and not in substitution for our terms and conditions in relation to any services we provide to you. We call any instruction from you to use one of our services “an instruction”.
- Poole Alcock is a Limited Liability Partnership (registration number 0C310420) regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. A full list of the partners is available for inspection at any of our offices. Our registered office is at 2nd Floor, 34-36 High Street, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 5AS (SRA number 408247)
- Poole Alcock provides discounted rates to readers of our Emagazine ‘Poole Alccok Insight’. The discounted rate is a 10% reduction of our fees (excluding disbursements – for example payments to third parties, Search fees, Court fees) subject to a maximum discount of £1000.00 plus VAT per instruction. Poole Alcock reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or withdraw any discount, offer or product at any time, for any reason.
- The discounted rates will only apply if you quote the code provided at the foot of each page of our emagazine at the beginning of the instruction. In all other cases Poole Alcock in its absolute discretion reserves the right not to apply the discount at all or to reduce the discount.
- The discounted rates will only apply to direct instructions and will not be available to any client referred to Poole Alcock by a third party.
- The discounted rates will not apply in conjunction with any other special offer or rate discount which may be promoted by the firm.
- The discounted rate will only apply to new instructions taken on in the month of the release of our emagazine.
- Each paragraph of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- These Conditions are governed by English law. You and Poole Alcock both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if any dispute arises.